Monday, July 17, 2006
Catalina Dives


This weekend Paul and I went to Catalina to help out a DIR-F class (Mike needed a video monkey.) I quickly offered up Paul as the person who fit best into the monkey/bee-och category, so he got the camera and I got to goof off. I spent both dives trying to avoid getting on camera, running into Paul (he often backup kicked my way, making me backup kick double time), and trying to segregate myself from teacher and students all while keeping an eye on my "buddy." The vis was awesome (40ft give or take a little stirring by some goof ball OW students) and the wildlife was neat. I saw a school of silver fish (possibly Perch) that made and illusion that the surface was at 35 ft. I also saw a school of striped fish, but I have no idea what kind they were. I also saw one lone sea cucumber on the sandy bottom.


0 Comments: