Sunday, August 27, 2006
STS-115 Launch
We are here in Florida for the launch of Atlantis to the International Space Station. It has been postponed twice since we arrived, so it is now scheduled for Tuesday. I used to work at the NBL in Houston and got to interact with many Astronauts and other great people. When Heide invited me to see her launch, I could not believe my luck! What an awesome opportunity. And here I thought many people would remember me since I worked at JSC for only half a year!

In addition to the launch, we were invited to a pre-launch reception at the planetarium. It was spectacular- we watched "To be an Astronaut" IMAX film, a planetarium show called "BIG" and got to explore many other science things in the auditorium. Lunch was provided, and I got to meet many of Heide's true supporters.

Here is a picture of us at the planetarium


0 Comments: