Monday, August 07, 2006
San Onofre Surf Spot
On Saturday I got invited to a friend of a friend's birthday party at San Onofre. The e-vite said they would be there at 7AM. What??? I go down to Venice and hardly any surfers are there at 7AM, let alone 5AM as movies would have you believe. After dragging Paul out of the house, we finally hit the road and make it to San Onofre just in time for a one-car-in-one-car-out line.



This line was 1.5 hours long. So, around lunch time we finally make it down to the beach. It worked out fine since everyone else had just gotten there half an hour before us or so. We did a little body surfing, and waves ducking. I put on tons of sunblock, but my stubborn husband and co-worker, Faraz, skipped the needed protection and are now paying the price. Lobsters!

Carol, of TravelT gave us some free shirts, which we plan on taking traveling with so that we can take pictures with them on. He also offered his board for me to play with, but I think it would have been a dangerous weapon in my hands, so I declined.

Here is a picture of the twin nipples- the power plant near the beach.



We also checked out the camping areas around there. It looks like a great car camping area.

Sunday I got a little stressed and got pretty upset about how many things I needed to do before I began school. So Paul stepped up and decided to help out. (Please note that I had JUST vacuumed this area, but I got this on film because it might have been the only time I have seen Paul pick up the vacuum.)



Next stop... packing for Austin!


1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Clearly, me with a vacuum is so unnatural that photographic evidence is not allowed. Must be like how you can't take pictures of a vampire?

Post a Comment

<< Home