Monday, October 22, 2007
And then there was more eating
Day 2 in Brussels

The next day, we planned on going to a museum in the morning, but all of us forgot that it was Monday, and no museums are open on Mondays. So instead we ended up touring the entire city, and stopping in two churches (yes, I went in, and no, I did not burn). One of the two churches was St. Michael’s Church.

After the church, we were close to these streets filled with restaurants that were competing heavily for business. Everyone had fish and signs out front, with fires, and tables, etc. around:

The food was great! I ordered just a small lobster soup, but shared some escargot with everyone. That was the first time I tried them, and they were really good!

We then decided to split up to satisfy the female need to pursue shops. I got a bracelet and ring, while Ina found a lovely white scarf. We walked all the way from the church to our hotel shopping! I bought only those things, but given the availability of good shopping in St. Gallen, I kinda wish I had gotten some sneakers. Oh well, now I just have to buy some cheap ones that I won’t feel guilty about if I leave them behind.

The evening we went to a nice lobster dinner, but I just ordered toasted goat cheese and figs. The lobster dinner alone was 55 Euros, and despite REALLY wanting some, that was too much to spend, AND I probably could not eat it all. Instead, I shared a little bite of others (and helped pay for it). I think it worked out nicely, except for the fire that happened next door while we were eating. Opps.


0 Comments: