Thursday, March 20, 2008
Strangeness finds me
So yesterday I was at Borders and a nice middle aged Asian woman approached me and asked if I would help her with some questions she had about the right way to say things. She actually spoke English fairly well (as in I understood her and her vocabulary was reasonable), but she wanted help on knowing the RIGHT way to say some things. I helped her by answering questions like,

Do you say "I have a winding watch" or "I have a wind up watch"?

However, I came back to Borders today to study for my IS midterm (next week!) and she stopped by my table again. LOL. I am beginning to think that maybe she enjoys a bit of conversation and company. It cracks me up, especially since she really is so unimposing and unassuming (otherwise I probably would have said I was busy).


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is odd. But it's good that you were able to give her some of your time. It probably made her day to be able to approach you and not have you try to figure out ways to avoid her.

I don't react well to strangeness like that and I usually get really uncomfortable. Not because I don't like to talk to people, but usually because the only people that want to talk want to SELL me something so I avoid eye contact with people. :)

- Glenna

Post a Comment

<< Home