Thursday, January 08, 2009
Have an Earth-shakin' Birthday!
Yep, you better believe it... the Earth shook on my birthday!

Paul took me out to a Moroccan restaurant we had been wanting to try near Studio City, called Marekesh. We decided to dress in pants because Paul read some reviews that said it was difficult to navigate on the poofs with a short skirt. It turned out to be manageable; the tables were low along with the seats, but they were booth like seats, so it wasn't a problem.

We had just ordered drinks when Paul grabbed me and said, hang on... then I knew what was coming... an earthquake! We rocked back and forth like a lifeboat adrift in a sea. It was over in a few swells, and I peered around the restaurant to see that NO ONE had noticed! I obviously needed to be drinking what they were!

I am actually amazed we felt the quake since it was out in San Bernadino:
see the USGS site for more info. It was a 4.5 magnitude and 9 miles deep.

Paul and I ("the flock of nerds") were immediately on our iPhones looking up the USGS site to see what happened.

My birthday was a lot of fun, earthquake and all. Too bad my parents missed being in an Earthquake by a mere few days!


0 Comments: