Thursday, July 31, 2008
The white test
Last night I tested for my yellow belt in karate. I am not finished yet, as I still have to complete a written exam. The practical part of the exam last night happened after class. And I mean RIGHT after class. I was late because I went to get a water, and I had no time to grab some much needed food for energy. As we finished class, I saw heads of little kids lining up outside. Uhhhh, no one told me that I had to perform in front of kids who range in age from not even 7 to 15, all of whom are at least testing for the same belt as me! There were plenty of little kids who were also testing for higher belts. Eck gads.

Anyway, in front of my 50 closest, er, friends?, I got to demonstrate:

blocks
punches
kicks
Beginner's Kata

Punchout 1-3
Grab Arts 1-4

(Pictures and video, unfortunately, are sure to follow. Paul was there documenting the whole event.)


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PICTURES!

...or it didn't happen. :)

- Jeff

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did great!! :)

Blogger Paul said...

Did someone say pictures? Oh, no one said "video" yet, so I will. Video! ;-)

I'm sure they'll show up in the interweb... somewhere.

Congratulations Laura. You kick ass and I'm proud of much you've done in such a short time

-- Love Paul

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1: Who are these closet friends?

#2: Where are the pics and/or video?

Blogger laura said...

Friends was a figure of speech... and do I really need to show you pictures? and video? I look pretty nervous... um and it makes me nervous just looking at them again. But they can be found on our website: http://www.lauraandpaul.com/pictures/080730Laura_yellowbelt/index.html

Blogger Paul said...

> Who are these closet friends?

Well, they weren't our "closest" friends, but sometimes it feels that way when you try to fit them all in the closet at the same time ;-)

-- Paul

Post a Comment

<< Home