Thursday, July 16, 2009
The Orange Sunrise
After a Monday night (all night) at Disneyland, then a night (all night) at Harry Potter, I read the email that said belt testing for karate was on Wednesday. (I thought it was on Friday.) Whoa. I almost didn't show up- career yellow belt is nothing to be ashamed of.

The belt testing was in lieu of class last night, which was great. I did not exhaust myself in class only to be followed by two hours of testing. Last time we did have class and by belt testing-time, I was in need of a cookie and a nap!

I have no pictures, but basically it went like this - side steps, punches, kicks, katas, grab arts, punch outs, and sparring. All went pretty well, but I still have to take the written exam. The sparring was fantastic for my sore neck (from falling asleep in the movies). I now cannot move it at all, even with Advil and a heating pad. Yea... I am a karate bad ass. yea.


0 Comments: