Friday, July 17, 2009
Air conditioning - bliss in SoCal
After spending a number of weekends in Arizona and their 111 heat in monsoon season (read this as heat with humidity = gross), I am beginning to recall my summer days in Texas. I have conveniently forgotten about the heat when missing my home state. It is easy to get complaciant about the wonderful SoCal weather, where it barely reaches to the mid 90's on hot days and always hits the high 60's by nightfall... until your air conditioner breaks. Getting into my car for work in the morning never looked better, even with the broken stereo, I at least have mobile air conditioning!

Sure, it is great to have the windows open for some fresh air. It is even wonderful to wake up to the cool desert air we get in Pasadena over the night... but coming home to a hot and muggy household because you cannot run the central air kinda blows. I bet the cats are enjoying it though- they never get enough of the heat.


0 Comments: