Wednesday, February 03, 2010
CaCao instead of Fatty's
I really wanted to try a vegetarian place called Fatty's, so when Edward, the Texas vegetarian, was in town, I thought I would drag him and Erin to the restaurant. Well, when they got there, the open days were Thursday- Sunday! Great.

Plan B- CaCao's was across the street and has a separate vegetarian menu.

The trio of salsas were fantastic, although I am not entirely sure I tasted much after the first large habenaro salsa bite I took (since when is SoCal Mexican food spicy?? I wasn't expecting that!)

We tried the queso with chorizo and mushrooms. I am not sure where the mushrooms were, but the cheese was fantastic! I could have kept eating that. It was bad!



Then I had to try their Duck Taco, for which they have acclaimed fame. It was okay. Not what I was expecting. I will try something else next time. I have a sneaky suspicion I will find the thing I am in love with (besides the queso).


0 Comments: