Friday, September 07, 2007
Email to Paul, to share
I wrote this email to Paul, but he said I should post it on the blog to update everyone on the silly little things I am doing! Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________
I went out this morning to pick up some more groceries. I ate the ravioli for breakfast this morning, but I thought it might be a good idea to have something easy for breakfast, so I got yogurt and cereal. Just in case, I also got bread, butter, cheese, chips, and some paper towels. I still need to pick up Kleenex (before I run out!) I picked up some more detergent so I can run loads of wash. Is this all boring? Now that we are thousand of miles apart, I resort to telling you a blow by blow of my shopping?

Anyway, I still need to find an ethernet cord and a space heater. I did however, find a four story book store. It was not as good as the one in Berlin, and it did not have the 501 German verbs book. I did buy three books though that I think will help me while I am here. I am signed up for the German class, but I spoke with the teacher (in German) and she said that I would not like her class because it is too rudimentary. She suggested that I could visit the class and write some essays about what I did on my vacation. She was really being nice about helping me with my German without trying to teach one class on two levels.

My first class is actually on Monday, European Cultural History. Then I also have German. Tonight is the Buddy System Pub Crawl. I will probably go, but I think I will skip out on most of the drinking. I am hoping to make it to the swim club today or tomorrow for some exercise.

I also picked up a pair of Keen sneakers (hiking/ running) in an REI-like store, albeit, very tiny. I think they will be well worth it. I had checked out some sneakers earlier today that were much less expensive, but I need to use them for an outdoor leadership course with the university and I think I might be able to make it out hiking before it gets too cold. I think the hybrid sneakers are a better idea or I would have had to buy two pairs. Guess I should have brought more shoes with me... plus I need some heels for company visits and class presentations that require business casual dress.

I found a coffee mug in Appenzeller with Christa's name on it, so I bought it. It is pretty sunny today and a little less cold than the day before, so I must try to get out of the house again and possibly get a coffee and read a book downtown. Maybe I will do that in between the swimming I think I want to do... oh and the shopping. Guess I am booking up my schedule already.

Wish you were here.
_____________________________________________________________


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I did however, find a four story
> book store. It was not as good as
> the one in Berlin

I imagine. I can't help but think that there's a book store in Berlin with more than 4 stories.

:)

- J

Post a Comment

<< Home