Monday, February 08, 2010
Marché - French food finds
Mirna and I headed out for dinner to Marché, the french restaurant Serena works as a wine sommelier!

We started off with the onion soup. I had a hard time resisting ditching the spoon to get the last drops into my mouth. The caramelized onions were really yummy, but nothing describes how much better they were with the cheesy croustini bits with them!



Serena picked us out a fantastic wine:




Which we drank with my oxtail gnocchi:


Mirna's baby lamb shoulder (cooked for two days to medium rare and melted like butta in your mouth):


and Serena's chanterelle mushrooms with egg and spinach (which I used to think was my favorite dish on the menu- now I am confused):


For dessert we decided to try the Tahitian squash and blood orange... it was dessert quality veggies. Absolutely yummy!


But who can resist washing down dessert with some dark chocolate homemade peanut butter cups? In fact, we couldn't resist so much that we had already dug in before I could take the picture!


Coffee to top off the evening. Two glass of hazelnut Colombian coffee and I still fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow- the evening was that fantastic.