Thursday, September 27, 2007
BMW tour - I want one!
Thursday morning we woke up early to meet at the St. Gallen Hauptbahnhof, for the BMW tour.

The not so short bus:


The four towers at the BMW factory in Munchen. Jeff, you would have loved this tour! It took 3 hours and we saw almost everything: from putting the engines together, we also saw the forming sheets of metal into panels of the car, to painting the car, to the rotating fuselage for ergonomic assembly, and to the final test stations. We unfortunately we not allowed to take pictures in the factory.





I accidentally did not time my food consumption well, so I was feeling weak and cranky during half the tour, but the fact that we had some car aficionados and the tour was long, maybe it was not totally my fault (I was not the only one who needed some water or a small break, lol.)

The tour is not always available, so it was a great treat for all of us. Some of us stayed on in Munich for Oktoberfest, or went on to other places for a four day weekend. I personally had plans on taking in the local culture...


0 Comments: