Thursday, September 13, 2007
Maestrani Chocolate tour
Today we started off bright and early for a tour of the Maestrani Chocolate factory. I made sure Paul cleared the credit card so I could get some, er, samples.



They make dark, milk, and white chocolates. The cocoa bean is pressed under heat and pressure and separated into two substances- the raw cocoa butter and the cocoa powder we know. They use a combination of those two ingredients, with milk powder, and sugar to make each of their sugars:

cocoa powder + cocoa butter + sugar = dark chocolate
cocoa powder + cocoa butter + sugar + milk powder = milk chocolate
cocoa butter + sugar + milk powder = white chocolate

(See white chocolate is still chocolate!)

This factory had the *best* smell, all calorie free!

And I got a few samples to take with me:



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Few? hehe


Glad you had a good time. Thanks for remembering to update the blog!

- Glenna

Blogger Paul said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Paul said...

Holy cow, you said that you left me alone to be in Switzerland for three months in order to "study" and "advance your career".

But what do I see on your blog? You go shopping, swimming, getting samples of chocolate.

Wahhh.. I want to be in Switerzland. Could you pick up some cheese for my whine?

Glad you are having so much fun but can't wait to have you back home.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA did you fetch me any samples? If you have time, you know, to fit in sight-seeing between swimming and shopping and getting chocolate, you should go to the Chocolate Museum in Koln. I think it's only like 5 hours away. You should have time.

Post a Comment

<< Home