Sunday, September 09, 2007
Swimmbad juete
Today, Sunday, I woke up with no real plan on what to do. The only pressing thing on my list to do is laundry so I have some socks to wear. So after chatting a little with the hubby at home (it was nearly 1 am his time), I grabbed a shower then caught the 3 bus down to the Haubtbahnhof. Since it is Sunday, only some of the bus lines run, and those that do, only run about half the frequency. For the first time, I took the number 7 bus toward Neudorf. This bus goes only about a mile away from where I live, but the 20 minute bus ride took me away from old town and into the Swiss equivalent of a suburb. There were many multifamily house buildings and some of which appeared to be assisted living areas. I was getting off at the last stop before the bus circled back on itself, at Neudorf (I figured out in a moment that Blumenwies would have been better).

I was on a quest to get to an indoor swim club called Hallenbad Blumenwies. It was a short walk from Neudorf, and right in front of the bus stop Blumenwies. It cost 8.50 CHF for a day of swimming. The changing room is all one room- boys and girls. They have little changing rooms that you can close a door for privacy, then you grab a locker for 2 CHF to stick you clothes into. The showers and the bathrooms are separated by sexes, and you have to go through them to get to the pool.

There were two lanes for lap swimming in a large pool, a three diving boards in a deeper separate pool, a shallow small pool for kids, and a HUGE indoor water slide (it went up three stories) that dumped into yet one more pool. I hopped into the professional swim lanes (where people were swimming in circles doing flip turns) but halfway into my first lap, I unpleasantly found out that my goggles do not fit my face. I got two big handfuls of water in my eyes right away. I gave up on the lap lanes and tightened my goggles. I managed to swim a number of laps (maybe 200m) by dumping water every length of the pool. By then, I was getting pretty cold, so I bailed.

Once back into town (I took the 1 line back since it left earlier than the 7), I picked up a few funny Switzerland postcards and considered buying a book in German. I grabbed a salad and coffee at a place called the Seeger (Paul, this is the place we had a beer when you were in town). Then back to the apartment for laundry, dishes, and er... pre-studying?

Eating:
Italian marinated Olives
Paprika Pringles
Red-Orange Gatorade


0 Comments: