Thursday, November 01, 2007
Favorites
It is almost midnight here, and I am up late finishing a second paper that is due tomorrow (okay, now I am done and I am goofing off, but that's why I am still awake). I was watching Gone in 60 seconds and they mentioned getting a shake at midnight, and that made me think of the things I miss in the states...

Outside of missing my cats and the hubby... I have a few places I want to visit in Pasadena when I return:
Tokoro, our favorite SouthPas sushi restaurant
Ka-San Korean Korean BBQ
All India Cafe (they have the best garlic naan and chicken tikki marsala)
Tokyo Wako
Melting Pot

Sushi Roku

I also cannot wait to go hiking, go to Disneyland, the Huntington Gardens, the Getty, go scuba diving, go rock climbing, and such when I return! ;-) Oh, and the gym! LOL.

Right now, I could deal with some late night food options...
a taco supreme at Taco Bell
a regular roast beef at Arby's
or chic nuggets at Chik-fil-a!
but I also miss grocery shopping past 6:30 during the week or 4 on Saturdays. Whole foods, Ralph's until 2am, and 24 hour Targets or Walmarts! (But who are we kidding, I would have to move back to a city that never sleeps, like Austin, because everything in LA is closed at 10pm. Who would have thunk?)

Speaking of Austin, I have a list of places that need to be visited:

Food
The Draught House and Bill's famous pizza!
The Salt Lick (Texas BBQ) or the County Line
East side cafe
Kirby Lane or Magnolia Cafe
Rudy's bbq
Thai Kitchen
El Sol (for breakfast on South Congress)
Amy's ice cream (they make a wicked Guinness ice cream)
Chuy's
Umi (they have some wonderful escula sushi)

Entertainment
6th street and 4th street
Town Lake hike and bike path
Lake Travis- Windy Point Park for scuba diving!!
Alamo Draft house

I will also miss some things in Switzerland, or maybe Germany...
1. bread (the best bread ever is made in Germany)
2. public transportation - you can set your swiss watch by the bus schedule. I often see people at the bus stop looking at the schedule then their watch- have you even seen that in the states (if there even is a bus schedule at your stop)?
3. German- I finally get to practice German every day! Plus, just this weekend, I plugged in my TV. It is probably good that I waited this long, because since Sunday, I have watched Hook, My big fat Greek wedding, Dave, Grey's Anatomy, Monk, CSI, Law and Order, Charmed... all in German! Whoot!
4. The mountains
5. My classmates


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in the land of fondue and you miss the Melting Pot? Stop hitting up all the bars and check out some of the restaurants.

Blogger laura said...

I didn't originally put the Melting Pot, but Paul was surprised I did not miss it, which I do, so I added it. We did go out for fondue, and the cheese was great, but these fondue restaurants on do one course- cheese! I miss the three course, cheese, meats, and chocolate at Melting Pot. Yumm-O!

Post a Comment

<< Home