Monday, February 15, 2010
Last minute steak dinner
I have been crashing and napping a lot recently, so when I got up at 8 from a nice afternoon nap, what did I need to cure the emotional exhaustion going on? A BIG STEAK!

I was told I needed to try the Whole Foods Dry Aged Meat (tender), and get some Irish butter and blue cheese to put on the top as the meat settles (hattip Jay).

Here are my ingredients with some Aventinas (great Belgium beer):


Ah, blessed be the meat. I am obviously from Texas!


Serena had a fantastic dessert wine she brought out to have with the blue cheese- we of course were nibbling on the rest of the wedge while we waited for the carrots and parsnips to cook:

I can see this becoming a nightly meal- dessert wine with blue cheese chunks!

Serena, the fantastic sommelier she is, also thought of a nice red to go with the beef. It was so smooth and went well with all the food.


Here is what the final diner looked liked (aren't you hungry now? I am!). Torey was in charge of cooking the meat and got it medium, medium-rare, yeaaa!


Carrots and Parsnip with paprika and olive oil. All the ingredients were so fresh and yummy that we didn't add anything else to the food- paprika on the veggies and blue cheese and butter on the steaks- nothing else!










It was a fantastic dinner, even the cats agree!


0 Comments: