Friday, September 28, 2007
A cultural study of Oktoberfest
After the BMW tour, we headed off to check out Oktoberfest (some of us... me... for the first time ever!) Others were just happy to be there.








The festival has tons more than I expected; I am not sure what I was thinking a big party in Munich would like, but I guess I was not expecting anything more than a parking lot carnival. As you can see, the Germans take their partying seriously.









Then, when I heard we were going to a Bier tent, I thought for sure it was a TENT with grassy and muddy floors, like you might find at a state fair. Uh, nooooo... this is what a temporary bier "tent" looks like:



Arthur, Mark, Martin, Maureen, Lanette, Ina, and I headed into the Pschoer Bier tent for ein Mas and a little food.

Bottom's up!





It doesn't get better than this, a beer and a pretzel, both the size of my head!


Ahhh, food! Maybe it does get better, beer, beef, and a pretzel.


After the occupants that had reserved our table showed up, we hit the streets again.




It is not just drinking that the Germans take seriously:



Ahh, beer, beef, and the final thing needed at Oktoberfest... boobies:


0 Comments: