Saturday, February 20, 2010
Who doesn't like a meatloaf roll-up?
I am slowly but surely getting back into being motivated to do things I love- cooking is one of them. So last night I got the hankering to cook a meatloaf roll-up. I cooked this once a long time ago for Rob when Celia was out of town on business, and he reminded me how much he loved it. That inspired me to make it again!

I started off testing a leek parsnip soup Andy had made one night. I had some carrots and parsnips with a leek and garlic roasting in the oven:




In the meantime, I put together the meatloaf ingredients (beef, pork, egg, breadcrumbs, pine nuts, raisins, garlic paste, and some parsley):





Then you roll it out:



Layer spinach, prosciutto, and provolone:



Roll it:



Eat it:


With soup (the jury is out on the soup- it was a little thick because I added cream. I also think i needed more leek.) There is always next time too!


0 Comments: